Elegant, naturally sweetened and surprisingly easy to make. Let us introduce you to your new favourite summer dessert!
Aotearoa’s homegrown stone fruit, infused with Kai Ora’s decadent Mānuka honey and a crisp puff pastry, make for a delicious tart... that’s healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast or dessert alike!
- 2 medium size stone fruit of your choice, pitted & sliced into thin crescents
- 35g butter (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp Kai Ora Mānuka Honey
- 1 sheet sweet puff pastry
- To Serve
- Icing Sugar / Cinnamon Sugar
- Cream / Greek Yogurt
Preheat your oven to 200ºC.
1. Butter a 20cm shallow pie dish with a generous lathering of butter (you want lumps and bumps of butter all over the base of the dish).
2. Drizzle the Mānuka honey all over the buttered dish, making sure to spread it out evenly.
3. Place the dish in the hot oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, keeping a close watch. Once the butter and honey begin to caramelise and small bubbles are forming, remove the dish from the oven.
4. Starting on the outside, arrange the stonefruit pieces overlapping in a concentric circle over the caramelised honey and butter mix. The peaches should fit snugly and fill the whole dish.
5. Trim a sheet of sweet puff pastry to fit your baking dish and lay it over the top of the fruit.
6. Place back into the hot oven and bake for a further 8-10mins or until pastry is golden brown and bubbling at the edges.
7. Sprinkle with either icing sugar or a cinnamon/sugar mix, and serve warm with cream or greek yogurt!