Looking for some winter dinner inspiration - why not try our simple Honey Roasted Pumpkin Soup. You don’t even have to peel the pumpkin! So this is a huge time saver in the kitchen!
INGREDIENTS ( Serves 6)
- 1.5KG OF PUMPKIN WITH SEEDS REMOVED
- 2 ONIONS, HALVED
- 1 BULB GARLIC
- 2 TABLESPOONS KAI ORA KANUKA HONEY
- ¼ CUP (60ML) EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TABLESPOON CURRY POWDER
- 1/2 CUP COCONUT CREAM
- 400MLS WATER
- 1 LITRE CHICKEN STOCK
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Place the pumpkin, onion, cut-side up, and the garlic on a lightly greased large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with the oil and honey, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1 hour approximately or until onion is caramelised and pumpkin is soft. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin into a large saucepan. Remove the onion and garlic from their skins and add to the pan.
- Stir curry powder in to the coconut cream.
- Add the stock, water and coconut cream to the pan and blend the soup until smooth using a hand-held stick blender.
- Place the soup over high heat and bring to the boil to warm through.
- We love to serve our soup with some toasted sourdough, or garlic bread.